[SI-LIST] Re: Fibre channel interconnect margins

  • From: "Chris Cheng" <Chris.Cheng@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Alan.Hiltonnickel@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2006 12:59:19 -0700

"I haven't yet quantified the target BER in my design. I imagine I'd want
to see a BER of at least 10e-14, possibly even 10e-15, for shipping,
although debugging a BER of 10e-13 would be challenging. "

Here lies the problem, you've haven't done anything you are talking about yet.
I did.
I tried and search deep for these 10e-xx error rate. Unfortunately the disk
itself dies before they happen. You know, counting my gold bars.