From: si-list-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:si-list-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Vipul Badoni
Sent: Tuesday, November 25, 2008 2:18 PM
To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [SI-LIST] Experience with Power supply collapse on boards due to
excessive decoupling.

Hello SI-Folks,

I was wondering if some of you could share with me your experiences with power
supply collapse due to excessive decoupling of only a few values of capacitor
on boards drawing a lot of switching current. The situation I am dealing with
has ~400 in number of 0.1uF caps and ~200 in number of 1uf caps. The power
supply shows a lot of noise ~400mV.

Regards,

Vipul Badoni.

List technical documents are available at: