[SI-LIST] Even mode, common mode, and mode conversion

  • From: Doug Brooks <doug@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 09:31:09 -0800

I've been following the thread on mode conversion and suspect I am not the
only one with this question. Can someone explain, in layman's terms:

The distinction between even mode and common mode?
        between odd mode and differential MODE (not to be confused with
differential traces)

And does the existence of differential traces add any complications to
these distinctions?

Thanks for bringing the dummies along with you!

Doug Brooks

List archives are viewable at: