[SI-LIST] Re: Ethernet simulation question

  • From: agathon <hreidmarkailen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2007 19:05:18 -0800

Dudes,
http://www.pulseeng.com/products/datasheets/G204.pdf
May I suggest reading the pdf above.
Simulations will require models for the xfmr and cables.  Could be layout &
terminations causing mismatch or cm noise issues (I don't know the
symptoms).
Simulations may not include the factors causing the degradation & so won't
be seen.  Even if all is modeled, how will you track down the culprit
without knowing best practices & why ?
Doh!  Now, carry on.  Vedy good.

Regards,
Agathon

On 1/8/07, Fabrizio.Zanella@xxxxxxx <Fabrizio.Zanella@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Mike, I've run into this issue before, I pushed the vendor to provide me
> with the SPICE model for the Ethernet analog signals=2E  Since in
> Hyperlynx you can link to HSPICE, I believe this is your best solution=2E
>
> Good luck,
>
> Fabrizio Zanella

List FAQ wiki page is located at:

List technical documents are available at: