[SI-LIST] Ethernet simulation question

Hi all,
   I have a question regarding Ethernet simulations.  We have a system
that fails the Ethernet compliance tests (amplitude, rise time, fall
time and everything associated with these) on both our 1000 Base-T and
100 Base-T ports.  Due to our complicated electrical channel, the
problem could be a number of things.  I've been asked to do some
simulation to determine what would be the easiest fix to make the system
compliant.  I contacted our silicon vendor (Intel) about models, and
received IBIS models for both the 1000 Base-T chip (82546GB) and the 100
Base-T chip (82562EZ).  Absent from both models are the Ethernet signals
I need to simulate.  When I asked why these pins were absent, I was told
that they were analog signals and not part of an IBIS model.  What is
the proper methodology for simulating Ethernet?  I'm a Hyperlynx user,
if it makes any difference.

I noticed a similar question was asked a few years back, but I never saw
a good response to it.  Thanks in advance for your help.

Thanks,

Mike

Michael Kotson

Project Engineer

VT Miltope

4900 Pearl East Circle Suite 106

Boulder, CO 80301

(303) 473-0388 x132

http://www.miltope.com <http://www.miltope.com/>

*************
CONFIDENTIAL NOTE: This e-mail and any attachments may be
confidential and protected by legal privilege. If you are not
the intended recipient, be aware that you are hereby notified
that any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, dissemination,
distribution, or copying of this communication, or any of its
contents, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
email in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the
sender and deleting this copy and the reply from your system.
Thank you for your cooperation.

EXPORT CONTROLLED DOCUMENT
This document may contain information whose export is restricted
by the Arms Export Control Act (Title 22, U.S.C., Sec 2751 Et
Seq.) or the Export Administration Act of 1979, as amended,
(Title 50, U.S.C., App. 2401, Et. Seq.) Violations to these
export laws are subject to severe criminal penalties.

All technical data forwarded by VT Miltope to its suppliers is
EXPORT CONTROLLED. Supplier shall not disclose technical data in
any form to a Foreign Person (including foreign person employees
of Supplier), or export the technical data from the United
States without U.S. Government authority and the written
authorization of VT Miltope Contracts Department.

List FAQ wiki page is located at:

List technical documents are available at:
                http://www.si-list.org

List archives are viewable at: