[SI-LIST] Estimate the differential via stub effect and simulate FR4 weaving effect

  • From: john lin <johnlinc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2011 10:26:37 +0800

Dear SI gurus,
I am doing 6Gb/s simulation and encounter two puzzles. How to estimate the
effect of via stub (differential via) onto 6Gb/s differential signals?
How do I estimate the resonance frequency caused by the stubs?
For differential signal, shall the effect be cancelled out due to the good
nature of differential signals-- noise cancelling?

How to do simulation to include the FR4 material's fiber weaving effect?

Could you please help to shed some light on them?

Thank you for your helps in advance.

Best Regards,
John Lin

List technical documents are available at: