[SI-LIST] Re: Effects of overshoot/undershoot on long-term reliability

  • From: "Dimiter Popoff" <dp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <matusov@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2006 17:42:00 +0200

I guess it would depend not just on the peak voltage but on
the energy in that peak (i.e. peak area).
 I don't know what technology the DSP is - overshoots
like this should matter somewhere about 130 nm and below,
if older, chances are you will face no problems (but
we'll know for sure after several years :-).
If 130 nm and below, it would really be an interesting
experiment to have one board constantly on until it fails  - after
days, months or years ? Really interesting, if you make such an
experiment please keep us posted.

Dimiter

Dimiter Popoff               Transgalactic Instruments

http://www.tgi-sci.com

List FAQ wiki page is located at:

List technical documents are available at:
                http://www.si-list.org