[SI-LIST] Re: ESD structure for an inverter

  • From: Christopher Jakubiec <Christopher.Jakubiec@xxxxxxx>
  • To: chandaharitha@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2004 08:20:19 -0800

Haritha,

A simple and common ESD solution for the situation that you have described
would be to use zener diodes as clamps/discharge paths.  Generally the main
performance parameter of an ESD structure is the added capacitance that it
contributes to the circuit.  Turn on time is also important to understand, in
order to ensure the device can handle(discharge) fast ESD pulses.

Hope this helps.

-Chris Jakubiec
Sun Microsystems

Haritha Chanda wrote:

> Hi
>
> I would like to know how the simple ESD structure would be for a
> simple inverter acting as a driver and also as a receiver?
>
> I am trying to understand how placing an ESD can affect the
> performance parameters of the receiver and driver.So I am starting
> off with simple inverter as driver and receiver.What performance
> parameters do we need to look into?What are the typical sizes of
> inverter as a driver and as a receiver in 0.35um technology?
>
> If anyone has good source on ESD structures for simple inverter will
> you please let me know.
>
> Thank you.
> Haritha

> List technical documents are available at: