From: si-list-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx on behalf of Charlie Anderson
Sent: Tue 10/5/2004 9:57 AM
To: Steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx; james.f.peterson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx; =
si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [SI-LIST] Re: ESD Protection Of ATF-55143

I was interested in this question so I looked up the data sheets on both
devices.

The ATF-55143 can handle ESD strikes up to 200V (HBM) while the CM1213
starts conducting at +/-9V for ESD strikes to 8kV(HBM).  I'd think you
are covered with that combination.=20

Regards,
Charlie Anderson
Sr. Electrical Engineer
Micro Control Company
(763) 277-9244
c.anderson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> Dear Si'ers,
>             I am using a ATF-55143 Single Voltage E-pHEMT Low Current
Low
> Noise device in an RF front end application.  I need to make sure I am
> complient with contact ESD to +/-8KV.  The device has an absolute
maximum
> rating of +1V to -5V.  Therefore the CM1213 I am using which is great
as a
> very low capacitance ESD device, but of no use, since its break down
> voltage
>
> is +/-9V.
>
> Anybody got any ideas as to how to use the ATF-55143 device and ESD
> protect
> it without loading it with high capacitive ESD devices in my front end
> application.
>
> Regards
> Steve
> GullWing Ltd