[SI-LIST] EMI simulation tools at PCB level

  • From: zhangkun 29902 <zhang_kun@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2004 08:19:56 +0800

Dear all

How about the development about EMC simulation at PCB level=3F As to my e=
xperience=2C there is the following development=2E It is my understand ab=
out the development of EMI at PCB level=2E If there is anything wrong=2C =
please give me some advice=2E

1=2EPaul proposed that common mode current is the main source of far fiel=
d EMI in =22A Comparison of the Contribution of Common-Mode and Different=
ial-Mode Currents in Radiated Emissions=22=2E

Here the source of EMI is defined=2E

2=2EHorck et=2E proposed the transform between DM and CM by means of tran=
smission line in =22Common-Mode Currents Generated by Circuits on a PCB--=
Measurements and Transmission-Line Calculation=22=2E

Here transform between DM and CM is partly explained=2E

3=2ELeone proposed the radiation from the PCB edge in =22The Radiation of=
 a Rectangular Power-Bus Structure at Multiple Cavity-Mode Resonances=22=2E=

Here the radiation from the PCB edge because of CM current is solved=2E

4=2EGerman=2C et=2E proposed the effect of image plane in =22Effect of an=
 Image Plane on Printed Circuit Board Radiation=22=2E In the next year=2C=
 Hsu gave more explaination in =22The Validity of Image Plane Theory to P=
redict Printed Circuit Board Radiation=22=2E

Here the effect of image plane is solved=2E

5=2EHejase=2C et=2E proposed the radiataion effect of pigtail in =22Shiel=
ding Effectiveness of Pigtail Connections=22=2E Goenen also proposed =22A=
lthough the actual path of the cable determines its effectiveness to radi=
ate=2C an average
radiation resistance of the order of 100 to 150 ohm has been measured =5B=
13=5D over the frequency range 150 kHz=961 GHz=2E=22 in =22EMC workbench=3A=
 Testing methodology=2C module level testing and standardization=22=2E

Here the radiation effect of cable is solved=2E

6=2ESignal integrity simulation has been solved in 90=27s=2E Power gound =
plane pair modeling has been solved well=2E
I have proposed method based on transmission line to solve problem combin=
ed of SI and PI=2E The return current=2C common mode current=2C could be =
exactly solved in the method=2E

Here the source of EMI=2C SI and PI=2C is solved=2E

There are a lot of other good paper which are not present here=2E In one =
word=3A
   1=2EThe source of EMI=2C common mode current=2C is caught out=2E
   2=2EThree kinds of radiation structure are solved=2C power ground plan=
e and cable=2E I think another is the trace on external layer=2E
   3=2EThe original source of EMI=2C SI and PI=2C has been modeled well=2E=

Therefore=2C I think the EMC simulation could be applied=2E

All above is my understand about EMI simulation at PCB level=2E If there =
is anything wrong=2C please give me some advice=2E

Best Regards

Zhangkun
2004=2E12=2E3

List FAQ wiki page is located at: