[SI-LIST] Re: EMC

  • From: Ivor Bowden <ivor@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2003 13:44:54 -0800

I do ground fills on inner layers for some of the reasons already
mentioned. I wonder how concerned should I be about the signal impedance
  variation this results in. e.g. in a 6 layer stackup S-P-S-S-P-S where
  the inner signal layers are ground flooded, there will be effectively
3  scenarios: P-S-S-P, P-S-P-P, and P-S-x-P (where x is no copper). Of
course I will try to have the signals orthogonal in the case of P-S-S-P
  to reduce crosstalk, but every time a signal transitions between the
cases there will be an impedance change. When is this worth being
concerned about?

List archives are viewable at: