[SI-LIST] Re: Do you really ship products at BER 10e-xx ?

  • From: "Henson, Bradley S" <Bradley.S.Henson@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Chris.Cheng@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 14:34:57 -0700

This could make an interesting topic. I have to say that in general, I
have noticed the same trend: Links work so well the BER is hard to
determine (lots of test time or link-stress)-or- the links are totally
messed up. However, I did get called in to troubleshoot a Fibre channel
application that was just marginal on some of the links. By that I mean
they would almost make the spec 1E-12 BER sometimes, but usually fell
short. Some days they operated considerably poorer than 1E-12, but not
pure garbage.=20