[SI-LIST] Re: Do you ever measure any of the things you model?

  • From: "Tom Dagostino" <tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'Schumacher, Richard \(HSTD Signal Integrity\)'" <schumach@xxxxxx>, <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 14:53:50 -0700

Richard

We measured one Quellan device for the model and used a different device for
the system test.  When we measure a device we vary it's temperature and
supply voltage over the datasheet's operating limits.  We usually do not get
process corner sample but if we did we would have used the strong fast
corner at the cold high voltage operating point and the slow weak corner at
the hot low voltage point for a CMOS device.  This would have given a
complete process/temperature/voltage model.

But what we have seen from much experience is the IV and VT curves of the
random devices we get are very consistent from part to part of the same
manufacturing process. When I say part to part we are including both the
different die of the same part number and different part numbers from the
same process. We see stronger effects from temperature and voltage than we
see from process variation.

Regards

Tom Dagostino
Teraspeed(R) Labs