[SI-LIST] Re: Discontinuities on PCB

  • From: Charles Harrington <ch_harrington@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Mark_Burford@xxxxxxxxxxx, si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 11:48:46 -0700 (PDT)

Hello Mark,

because Eric's book is so beautifully written, I've
gone through it almost twice already. However, it has
very little or nothing to do with my question. I also
went through Johnson's book (Advanced Black Magic),
Silvester and Benedek?s publications on discontinuties
and quite a lot of other electromagnetic texts. So,
it's not a question for beginners.
Jose recommended me Gupta's book (thanks Jose), which
I already read. Here, Wolf and Mehran's waveguide
model are used to analyze T-bends, Gap and other
discontinuities, but the questions on how far the
excited modes go away from the discontinuity and how
this depend on the frequency are not dealt with.
As far as I know, this subject has not being properly
dealt with yet.
So may the gurus recommend any other publications on
this subject or some advice.

Thanks,
Charles

List FAQ wiki page is located at: