[SI-LIST] Re: Differential line Via - affecting common mode noise

  • From: "Lakshmi Narayanan Sowrirajan, ERS-HCLTech" <lakshminarayanans@xxxxxxx>
  • To: steve weir <weirsi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2011 16:58:08 +0530

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the reply, please find the details as below.

1) DRV---brkout---via---8inch routing-----via----conn---4inch
routing----termination (x_p,x_n)

2) DRV---brkout--- 8inch routing-----conn---4inch routing----termination
(x_p,x_n)

Signal is probed near termination and we see less common mode noise in case 1,
where we have via (modeled in HFSS as s4p)

Common mode noise = (v(x_p)+V(x_n))/2

Thanks & Regards
Lakshminarayanan. S
9840250902