[SI-LIST] Re: Differential Netwrok Analyzer

  • From: dgun@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 12:50:25 -0800

Brett,

Thanks for your reply.  I am indeed interested in non-linear diff
characteristics, which can only be measured by applying a true
differential stimulus (think of the LO of a balanced mixer, for
example--small signal drive won't cut the mustard).

Where can I find more info about differential load pull and differential
LSNA?

--
Daniel

From: "Grossman, Brett" <brett.grossman@xxxxxxxxx>
>=20
> Daniel,
>=20
> If what you are referring to as a "true differential analyzer" is one
> which drives separate differential or common mode stimulus, then to the
> best of my knowledge the answer is no.  Bockelman and Eisenstadt refer
> to this type of configuration as a "pure-mode" network analyzer in their
> publications.  Though I have spoken to a few people/companies who have
> attempted to build these types of designs, I no of none that has
> marketed one commercially.
>=20
> My guess is that your interest is driven by a need to measure
> differential network parameters of non-linear devices (otherwise,
> arguably the multi-port offerings that have been discussed could be
> reasonable).  You may/or may not be able to consider alternate systems
> (such as differential load-pull or LSNA) to get the measurement data you
> are looking for.
>=20
> Best regards,
> -Brett