[SI-LIST] Re: Differential Impedance TDR: How to get Z(t) from V(t)

  • From: steve weir <weirsi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: See Hour <yshour2001@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 08 Jan 2010 23:45:27 -0800

A TDR translates reflected voltage versus time to equivalent impedance
versus distance.  A differential TDR excites both traces in a
differential pair simultaneously.  If you are trying to use a single
ended TDR to derive differential impedance that can be done with some
effort as shown in this presentation from the Ansoft website:

http://www.ansoft.com/hfworkshop02/Danile_Wu.pdf

Steve.
See Hour wrote:
> Hi Experts
>
> To measure differential impedance using differential TDR setup, there are 2
> step voltage sources. First is 0V to 1V (Vp), second is 0V to -1V (Vn).
>
> Vdiff = Vp - Vn
> Vdiff (measure) = Vdiff (initial) + Vdiff(incident) + Vdiff(reflected)
>
> Zdiff can be derived based on the equation above. My question is, what is
> Vdiff (initial)?
> If the step voltage source is 1V, does Vdiff (initial) = 1V?
>
> Please advice and correct me if there is anything wrong. Thanks.
>
> Regards
> Gary
>
>       New Email addresses available on Yahoo!
> Get the Email name you&#39;ve always wanted on the new @ymail and