[SI-LIST] Diff Impedance and its noise immunity.

  • From: ªü¥È <binchuan2000@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 01:38:05 -0000

  Dear all,

  I have a question which was confused me for a long time, that is
  which one is important between Diff. Impedance and its trace length
  matched/spacing(Noise immunity)?
  As my viewpoint I supposed that trace length matched and spacing is
  more important compared to Diff. Impedance. Because sometimes we
  focus on impedance for its signal quality  as well as EMC concern.

  But in Diff signal I am not so sure that whether the Impedance is
  so important as Single-Ended signal, because if the impedance
  doesn't mismatch so seriously then I prefer to focus on trace match
  and Spacing for my direct intuition.

  And I also confuse that sometimes we want to match its Impedance
  then sacrifice its Spacing, in this way maybe D+ and D- can't
  reference to each other and lose its noise immunity.

  Does it correct or not? I'll appreciate if you give me a correct
  conception, thanks.

  Regards,

  Binchuan.Wang
  HW EE