[SI-LIST] Developing High Speed Routing Rules

  • From: "Harvey, Wilbur" <Wilbur.Harvey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 10:01:37 -1000

We are trying to make the tradeoff of purchasing tools such as HyperLynx or
Specctraquest.

The most important use of these tools that we see, is to develop the
Specctra routing rules.

Specifically we are working in the domain of 600Mhz LVDS and Rocket I/O, as
well as the normal STTLII for the DDR memory interfaces.

The question is, over a several year period, would we be better off to hire
outside companies to develop these rules for us as needed, or to have the
tools in house and develop them ourselves. Any comments would be
appreciated.

If anyone has any leads on who we could contact to get prices on developing
these rules it would be appreciated as well.

Wilbur Harvey - Engineer
Spirent Communications Inc., www.adtech-inc.com
First Hawaiian Center, 999 Bishop St.. Suite 1700
Honolulu, HI 96813
Tel: +1 (808) 440 3494, +1 (808) 440 3363 (Direct)
Mobile: +1 (808) 221 0395
email: wilbur.harvey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

List archives are viewable at: