[SI-LIST] Re: Decoupling capacitors

  • From: Paul Levin <levinpa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: degers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 07 Jun 2002 10:36:40 -0700

Dear All,

Perhaps this is too simplistic approach, but what about connecting two pieces of
coax to the power and ground planes such that they are "fairly close" together.
If one were to measure S21, one should get nearly 0 dB without any power plane
and decoupling. Were the impedance to be 1 ohm at some frequency, I would
expect -40 dB for S21. Given the sensitivity of a VNA, I would think you could
measure down to 0.01 ohm or less.

Any thoughts?

Paul

--