[SI-LIST] Data Acquisition through Oscilloscope.

  • From: "Nirmale G" <nirmale@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 20:26:21 +0530

Hi All,

I have few questions on Agilent Oscilloscope (MSO6104A).

I need to capture 20 single ended I/O lines at 1.2V CMOS logic level,
toggling at 220 MHz from a test board.  I want to use the logic analyzer in
MSO6104A (16 digital + 4 analog ) to capture the data lines continuously.
For this, I am using the  IntuiLink Data Capture tool in Microsoft excel to
capture this data via a USB interface from MSO.  But in MSO6104, at one time
I can capture only 50,000 points of what is present on the screen of MSO.

I request you to address my following queries:-

1.       How I should use the MSO to capture more number of points when
compared to 50000.  Is there a way to continuous capture of data in excel
sheet through which, I can capture the 220MHz signal for a time period of
50msec.  I require this so that I have more data to analyze offline in
Matlab.  At present 50000 samples is very less for analysis.

2.       How do I change the digital capture for 1.2V CMOS logic level?
Because, I see the trigger is for TTL signals.

3.       Is there any application note describing the above scenario.

Thanks in advance,

Regards

Nirmale G

List technical documents are available at: