[SI-LIST] Re: DDR-Length matching

  • From: steve weir <weirsi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Cheng, Chris" <chris.cheng@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 02 May 2011 20:23:50 -0700

Chris, I think the rules are well-intended, but as your story and
Aubrey's story both point-out, that while these ideas are guidelines
that can be useful in many situations in other situations they are
counterproductive.  Design guidelines and best practices should be
clearly delineated from performance: specifications / requirements /
rules.  I ask that the people who sit on specification committees avoid
assumptions as much as possible.  Paraphrasing Bruce Archambeault:  "We
are engineers.  We are supposed to think."

Best Regards,

Steve.

--
Steve Weir