[SI-LIST] Re: DDR2 or DDR3

At this point I am going for discreet chips on board rather than DIMMs
(although I could easily be convinced otherwise).  This is a Xilinx V5
application.  They have an app note for a DDR3 controller...haven't studied it
yet.  I like the timing approach to DDR3, but it sounds like it could be more
trouble than it is worth right now.  From an SI standpoint I just don't see
serious differences in the work to be done.  Correct?

-Martin

List technical documents are available at:
                http://www.si-list.net

List archives are viewable at: