[SI-LIST] DDR-1 termination (short point-to-point)

I'm connecting a lot of DDR1 ram to a FPGA (Virtex2pro). Common
schemes recommended is "embedding a DIMM design" (which would be
plain stupid imho) and doing a full parallel termination in both ends
(typically in 0402). The latter is naturally sensible - but it occurs
to be kind of a overkill for ponit-to-point lines of "only" 5cm (~2")
or less. Has anyone experience with simpler termination schemes? I
mean for standard busses one would rely on slow drivers only...

Cheers,
 Anders

List FAQ wiki page is located at:

List technical documents are available at: