[SI-LIST] Re: DC resistance of the Power Supply on PCB

  • From: "Andrew Ingraham" <a.ingraham@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "si-list" <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 09:45:23 -0500

> In our testing, we often use multimeter to measure the DC resistance of
> power net, while the product is powered off. Sometime, the measure result
> is about 1 ohm. I do not understand why.

Do you mean the resistance from point A to point B of the same net (and that
you think 1 ohm is too large)?

Or do you mean the resistance between + and - rails of a board that is fully
populated with active devices and capacitors (and that you think 1 ohm is
too small)?

Please clarify.

Also please suggest what resistance you would have expected in your case.

Regards,
Andy

List FAQ wiki page is located at:

List technical documents are available at: