[SI-LIST] Re: DAC clock

  • From: "Mikhail Matusov" <matusov@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "SI-List" <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 10:24:55 -0400

> Can you suggest
> some clock sources to provide the input clock to this DAC

AD9510 is one example.

> and what is =
> the use
> of dedicated clock out pins in this DAC? Should we use this clock out =
> pins?

It is usually used to drive the input data interface. Watch the spurious
produced by this clock....

> Currently we are using VCO190-1200MHz with PLL as a input clock source. =
> Can
> anybody tell the fan-out of VCO and how to calculate that?=20

Most of the VCOs are designed to drive a 50 Ohm load. When used as clock
sources they are usually followed by some sort of a driver, PECL being the
most common.

Mikhail Matusov
Hardware Design Engineer
Square Peg Communications