[SI-LIST] Re: Current Return Vias

  • From: "Lee Ritchey" <leeritchey@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Chris Padilla \(cpad\)" <cpad@xxxxxxxxx>, si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 09:04:00 -0700

Chris,

This problem has been around for as long as I have been designing high
layer count PCBs.  If you use two thermal ties per plate through hole, you
meet both objectives.  If you connect the planes without them solderind and
unsoldering is very difficult.  IF you make no connections soldering is
great and SI is in the tank.

Almost all of my designs are 26 layers with many ground planes and this is
the method we use.

List FAQ wiki page is located at:

List technical documents are available at:
                http://www.si-list.org