[SI-LIST] Current Return Vias

  • From: Kenny Frohlich <kenny_frohlich@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2006 06:45:56 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Experts,
  I understand that I need to provide ground vias next to via explictly for the
purpose of letting return currents jump between layers.  I know it's a
requirement for high speed signals, especially differrential signals.  Is this
also required for low speed single-ended signals (133Mhz or slower)?
  If this is a requirement, what would be a good signal via to ground via
ratio? For example,  there are five signal vias within a 1 inch area, how many
ground vias do I need?
  Thank you
Do You Yahoo!?

List FAQ wiki page is located at: