[SI-LIST] Re: Cu Thickness

  • From: "Salkow, Steven" <steven.salkow@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: olaney@xxxxxxxx, si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 11:31:03 -0700

Mr Lanely is right on in his advice, especially about visiting the
fabricator! No two fabricators are exactly the same hence what may be
costly one place may be no charge some place else.

The process of adding copper is commonly referred to as Thieving
For more information see this article on my web site:
http://www.bychoice.com/Thieving_and_Copper_Balancing_in_Printed_Circuit
_Board_Design.pdf

At Xerox, PCB were made with up to 15 mils of inner copper on multiple
heavy inner power planes. Lockheed has made several mixed signal boards
that included multiple inner power planes of 2 ounce copper.

Steven Salkow
Lockheed IS&GS
3130 Zanker Rd, San Jose
Ca. 95134