[SI-LIST] Re: Common mode choke coil's SI model

  • From: earl albin <earlalbin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Lucian Zhang <zhanglub@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2009 14:45:46 -0700

ICAP/4 SPICE Netlist Coupled Inductor
Attachment has the basic schematic. Note all I did was connect it & run,
though of course it did not run, it generated an out file with the passed
parameters (flattened file) which is what I sent below. Just copy that, into
a sub-circuit or model. Or you can execute spice in the text mode, as well.
This model works. It's a coupled inductor/transformer if you like and works
with ferrite bead models (CM) added to the basic L1 & L2, again pretty
straigt forward. If you need a spice ferrite CM bead model I'll be glad to
send you one of mine you will just need to adjust the values for the basic
L-R-C 9 (simple one).
FYI:

You can examine the curves of the material and deduce a relatively close
L-R-C/R model, just take a bit of time. not hard.

X1 0 2 1 0 COUPLEDL#0
*{ LPRIM=.001 LSEC=.001 K=0.9 }
.SUBCKT COUPLEDL#0 1    2    3    4
*CONNECTIONS     +PRI -PRI +SEC -SEC
*PARAMETERS:
*LPRIM - PRIMARY INDUCTANCE IN HENRIES
*LSEC  - SECONDARY INDUCTANCE IN HENRIES
*K     - COUPLING COEFFICIENT >> LPRIM=LMAG, LSEC = N^2*LPRIM,
K=1-LEAKAGE/LMAG
*RP    - PRIMARY SERIES RESISTANCE IN OHMS
*RS    - SECONDARY SERIES RESISTANCE IN OHMS
*  1_______   _______3
*    +     ) (     +
*          ) (
*    V1    ) (     V2
*          ) (
*    -     ) (     -
*  2_______) (_______4
*
*
RP 1 10 10.0000M
LP 10 2 1.0000M
RS 3 30 10.0000M
LS 30 4 1.0000M
K1 LP LS 900.00M
.ENDS

On Mon, Jul 6, 2009 at 2:08 AM, Lucian Zhang <zhanglub@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Vivek,
>
> Thank you for your help.
>
> I have installed Murata's EMI filter simulation tools, it can simulate a
> CMC coil but only in this software,
> the model of CMC cannot export for simulation in other softwares such as
> hspice.
>
> Yuden's website offer many single-chip beads' s-param or spice models,
> but there is no CMC coil model such as CM01H900T.
>
> If I use two ferrite beads or incuctors instead of CMC coil in simulation
> link,
> which component can be used to CM01H900T? and how should I set the mutual
> inductance between the two chips?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Lucian
>

> ********************************************************************************************

>  Hello Lucian,
>
> Below link has Murata EMI suppression Filter simulation software:
>
> http://www.murata.com/products/design_support/mefss/index.html
>

> The software simulates effects of Murata EMI Filters and Chip Capacitors
> based on specified conditions.
>
> SPICE Models:
>
> Specific Spice models for Inductors/ferrite beads are provided by Taiyo
> Yuden.
>
> http://www.yuden.co.jp/us/support/spice/index.html
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Regards