[SI-LIST] Re: Circle bus topology; Circular Firing Squad?

  • From: "Townsend, Fred" <ftownsend@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <olaney@xxxxxxxx>, <vinu@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2007 11:39:56 -0700

I don't know about everyone else but I have been enjoying this
discussion tremendously, even if it is a little like debating the number
of angels on the head of a pin.

On the practical side I have to wonder the merit of such an idea. Living
in the real world, I think it highly improvable to make a perfect ring.
The lack of homogeneity in laminate, the dispersion effects of the PCB
material alone, are going to increase jitter. I will not file this one
away in my bag of tricks.

Fred Townsend