[SI-LIST] Re: Causality

  • From: "ron@xxxxxxxxxxx" <ron@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: amolak_badesha@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 14:45:03 -0700

Hi Jenifer
If you are limited to using S-Parameters, even if they are non-causual,
you can
use transmission line models stripline or microstrip which are frequency
dependent.
and match then match the line to the S-Parameters.  The optimizer can
also be used
for this

Then, these same models can be inserted for the S-Parameters and the entire
structure will be causual so hat when impulse is used you will get a
causual time domain
simulation.

Ron Miller

amolak_badesha@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>Hi Jennifer,
>
>You have one more option!
>
>ADS is Cadence spectre-netlist compatible. You can directly use your existing
>spectre-netlist and simulate it with ADS-transient simulator through
>"dynamic-link".
>
>This way, you can take advantage of ADS-transient simulator with
>causality/passivity enforcement while using your existing spectre netlists.
>
>Regards,
>Amolak S. Badesha
>Application Expert
>Agilent EEsof EDA
>408-553-2606

Ronald B. Miller, Microwave/SI Engineer  RAIL = NOISE + REFLECTIONS
Gigahertz Data Div of MI Corp.              \\  //         \\  //
7721 Sunset Avenue                           \\//           \\//
Newark,  CA  94560                      ->JITTER<-   EYE   ->JITTER<-
tel 510-793-4744,                            //\\           //\\
fax 510-742-6686                            //  \\         //  \\
www.ghzdata.com                          RAIL = NOISE + REFLECTIONS

List technical documents are available at:
                http://www.si-list.net

List archives are viewable at: