[SI-LIST] Re: Causality

  • From: Long Yang <long.0.yang@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Jennifer Maharani <jennifer.maharani@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 14:22:37 +0800

Casualty is described in time domain by impulse response of channal transfer
function (S-parameter) as
   h(to)=0 if t<to.
So possibly I think there are two root-causes leading to casual problems

1. Theory-based [The simulated or measured S-parameter really has casual
problem]
This reason can be referred to the latest book from page 331 by Stephon
Hall.
It is not easy to judge the casual problem directly in S-parameter.
But I think there would be.

2. Simulation-methodology-based [The simulated or measured S-parameter may
have or have no casual problem]
I think Patrick delivered an explanation about this root-cause.
Different simulation tools treat real, band-limited S-parameter with
different methods, such as extrapolating methodology, sampling methodology,
ans so on.
Consequently some possibly "create" casual problem, while some other do not.

Long Yang
http://blog.ednchina.com/spices/
Don Marquis <http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/d/don_marquis.html>
- "Procrastination is the art of keeping up with yesterday."

List technical documents are available at:
                http://www.si-list.net

List archives are viewable at: