[SI-LIST] Cascading differential 2-Port Networks

  • From: "Bob Welte" <welte@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 06:43:56 -0500

Hello to All
I have run into an interesting problem.
I am trying to put together a simple modeling environment of our 2.5Gb/s
high speed digital channel using S-parameters.  Because it is a
differential environment, I will be using mixed-mode S-parameters.  While I
understand the concept of converting "S" into "T" parameters and using the
chain-scattering-matrix to cascade the 2 ports of a channel, I do not know
what to do when the channel is differential, and you begin with mixed-mode
S-parameters.
Can anyone offer a reference, or perhaps share some knowledge?

Bob Welte
IBM Microelectronics

List archives are viewable at: