[SI-LIST] Re: Capacitors at high frequency

  • From: "Ken Cantrell" <Ken.Cantrell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Alvaro alkschbirs" <alvaro.alkschbirs@xxxxxxxxx>, <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2010 08:58:27 -0600

Alvaro,
One is a low pass filter (power bypassing), the other is a bandbass filter
(AC coupling).  The series cap and the inductance of the receiver form the
bandpass.  The BP is tolerant of larger variations w.r.t. to inductance (or
capacitance), and L dI/dt noise is a second or third order effect (don't
care).  Apples and oranges.

Thanks,

Ken