[SI-LIST] Capacitors arrays? worth it or not?

Hi and thanks for reading!

We're building a pda-like device where PCB space is tight.

In our situation (building a low-cost product), total cost of
production is an important consideration, hence the effort to find a
good `middle ground' in our choice of high-frequency ceramic
decoupling caps balancing total cost of production and PCB real-
estate.

So far, I understand that 4-capacitor arrays only require a single
cycle for the pick & place machine =96 thereby reducing costs and
slightly reducing PCB area =96 but other engineers have mentioned that
they are much more expensive=85

So far, we're thinking of decoupling this board as follows:
-       Single ceramic caps for ~ 1uF
-       4-Capacitor arrays between 100nF ~ 470nF
-       X2Ys or AVX LICC for 10nF to 100nF
-       (Not sure what to pick between the three for the very
important ~100nF area)

Any thoughts?

    Jean-Pierre

(Board is probably HDI 1+b6+1 with controlled impedance @ 50ohm,
interplane capacitance as high as possible for important 1V8 voltage
rail (i.e. alternating 1V8-Gnd copper fills) fastest rise time
is .75ns (for 266Mhz 1V8 DDR memory to CPU two centimeter away),
four voltage rails between 1V2 to 3V3)

List FAQ wiki page is located at:

List technical documents are available at:
                http://www.si-list.org