[SI-LIST] Re: Buried Capacitance thread comments (The whole thing )

  • From: Bill Owsley <owsley@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: raymond.anderson@xxxxxxx, si-list <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2001 13:35:09 -0500

 To quote another administrator of a different list,

Decorum:

-Propriety and good taste in conduct or appearance.

-The conventions of polite behavior.

Messages posted to this listserver must have decorum.

Decorum is maintained when messages address technical
issues, or are complimentary of individual persons or
groups of persons.

Decorum is lost when a message denigrates a lack of
technical understanding on the part of an individual
or group of persons.

Decorum is lost when a message
denigrates professionalism, individuals, or specific
groups of persons.

Decorum must be maintained even in the face of provocation.

In your reading of posted messages, please recognize that
technical assertions in messages may not be technically
correct, or may not be technically correct in the context
perceived by any one subscriber. Correcting such assertions
is an essential function of this listserver.
Such corrections must address the technical issues, not
the person who wrote the message.

Each subscriber to this listserver must feel free to post
a message without fear of being belittled in any way.

Decorum is the means by which this is accomplished.

Subscribers posting messages lacking in decorum will be
cautioned.

If you would like to discuss decorum further, please do so
off-line and directly with me and the other administrators.
If you feel a message violates these rules of decorum,
please notify one of the list administrators.

Best regards,
Rich

Richard Nute
IEEE emc-pstc Administrator
c/o Hewlett-Packard Company
San Diego
Tel: 1-858-655-3329
e-mail: richn@xxxxxxxx

At 02:51 PM 12/02/2001 , Ray Anderson wrote:

someone said:
>Why does old frats like you always take cheap shoots at me but .......
                ....lots of stuff deleted...

and then someone else said:

>Sorry, but I can't let this one slide. Ding me if you must.
            ...even more stuff deleted....

and then someone again said:

>You are being to annoy me. You are running around saying......
                ...... and yet again even more  stuff deleted....

<net-cop mode on>

    OK already.... This thread is spiraling out of control with a couple of
the participants needing to get the last word in and "one-upmanship".
Please put your egos back in their respective boxes and refrain for
letting them run rampant on the list.

    I believe the author's points have been made. As such, let's just let
the thread die a natural death and let the list get on with business as
usual.

    si-list has been in existance for about 8 years and presently has well
in excess of 2000 participants. To my knowledge this is the first time
that such a 'list war' has broken out. Hopefully it will be the last.

    Several of the list members have suggested sanctions up to and
including the removal of the war participants. I think that is a bit
extreme at the moment, however if the current situation doesn't
resolve itself, the "tribal council" will speak.......

    As someone mentioned, just lighten up and get on to more important
and enjoyable things.

<net-cop mode off>

And now back to our regularly scheduled programming :)

-Ray Anderson
si-list admin
.

//www.freelists.org/webpage/si-list[1]

List archives are viewable at:
                //www.freelists.org/archives/si-list[2]
                http://www.qsl.net/wb6tpu[4]

-----------------------------
British Prime Minister Tony Blair pointed to the victims of the Sept. 11
attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon, and said the Taliban
regime had no "moral inhibition" on slaughtering innocent people.

"There is no compromise possible with such people, no meeting of minds, no
point of understanding with
such terror," he said. "There is just a choice: Defeat it or be defeated by
it and defeat it we must."

"Whatever the dangers of the action we take, the dangers of inaction are
far,far greater," he said.
----------------------------
Bill Owsley,   owsley@xxxxxxxxx
919) 392-8341