[SI-LIST] Re: Buffer delay

  • From: "Lynne D. Green" <lgreen22@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <forsilist@xxxxxxxxx>, <yang@xxxxxxxxxx>, <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 11:35:42 -0800

Hello, Yan Hang,

IBIS and SPICE do not have the same Time=0 reference, due to the way SI
tools trigger I/O inputs.  This means that there is a time offset between
the two waveforms.

This offset can be corrected for by simulating the load [Vmeas, Rref, Cref].
This delay offset can then be used to adjust the delay in other simulations.
Many SI tools have automated this process.

A good paper on this is http://pcdandm.com/cms/content/view/2800/95/.  There
is also a HyperLynx Application Note, referenced in that paper.

Best regards,
Lynne

"IBIS training when you need it, where you need it."

Dr. Lynne Green
Green Streak Programs
http://www.greenstreakprograms.com
425-788-0412