[SI-LIST] Re: Broadcom looking for SI summer intern

Hi Patrick,

I couldn't resist pointing this out: At the frequencies you are using
there is no such thing as a "high impedance active probe." One is lucky
to get a few hundreds of Ohms input impedance in the upper octave of
bandwidth of most active probes.

Doug

On 3/17/10 3:48 PM, Patrick Zilaro wrote:
> All,
> I am looking to hire a summer intern, preferably a PhD or MS student.  If
> anyone knows someone who knows someone, etc. please feel free to send me
> their resume.  The idea would be to train the person, and if they do well, to
> hire them on full time after they graduate.
>
> Below is a brief description of the areas this position would cover:
> 1) electro-magnetic simulations (using commercial software tools) for
> packages, PCB's, connectors, and some on-chip (like RDL)
>      a. full wave 3D
>      b. quasi-static 3D
>      c. 2.5D
>      d. 2D
> 2) circuit simulations of I/O subckts with interconnect models
>      a. time domain SPICE
>      b. frequency domain Z, Y, S
> 3) characterization measurements in our lab
>      a. two micro-probe station setups
>      b. VNA&  TDR equipment
> 4) time domain measurements in our lab
>      a. real time oscilloscope for measuring noise using high impedance
> active probes
>
> Regards,
>
> Patrick Zilaro
> Manager, Signal Integrity Group
> Package Engineering, Operations and Central Engineering
> Broadcom Corporation
> pzilaro@xxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:pzilaro@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> 949-926-6935
> 949-466-3519 (cell)

> List technical documents are available at:
>                  http://www.si-list.net
>
> List archives are viewable at:

     ___          _       Doug Smith
      \          / )      P.O. Box 1457
       =========          Los Gatos, CA 95031-1457
    _ / \     / \ _       TEL/FAX: 408-356-4186/358-3799
  /  /\  \ ] /  /\  \     Mobile:  408-858-4528
|  q-----( )  |  o  |    Email:   doug@xxxxxxxxxx
  \ _ /    ]    \ _ /     Website: http://www.dsmith.org

List technical documents are available at:
                http://www.si-list.net