[SI-LIST] Re: Basic question on power plane capacitance

  • From: "Mikhail Matusov" <matusov@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "steve weir" <weirsi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2010 14:34:43 -0400

Steve,

I am measuring on a non-populated board with a simple capacitance meter,
i.e. at some low frequency.  I might be off in thickness by 1 mil (4 instead
of 5), but that won't explain doubling the capacitance. For the dielectric
constant of FR-4 I used 4.3. I doubt it can get much bigger than that.

/Mikhail