[SI-LIST] Re: Basic question on power plane capacitance

  • From: "Mikhail Matusov" <matusov@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wolfgang.maichen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2010 14:30:07 -0400

Thanks Wolfgang and all,
Yes, indeed I haven't thought of fringe capacitance. I don't know if there is
an easy analytical way to find out what it will be. The area of the polygon is
1400 sq.mm. The perimeter is 236 mm. The dielectric is FR-4, and the thikness
is about 5 mil (0.127mm). The top layer is not a plane and there is not much
copper in it, mostly pads and vias. The gap around this polygon separating it
from the rest of the plane is 15 mil (0.381mm) wide. The board dimensions are
233x160 mm.

Thanks again,
/Mikhail