[SI-LIST] Re: Balancing Copper and dielectric losses?

  • From: "Leonard Dieguez" <leonard.dieguez@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Loyer, Jeff" <jeff.loyer@xxxxxxxxx>, <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2005 14:31:10 -0700

I'm probably not the best person to ask the group delay question to. My
understanding is that the loss tangent is not constant across the
frequency range for FR4 or that the losses are not linear with respect
to frequency.=20

As far as balancing dielectric to copper losses it really does not apply
to short runs. I believe it manly applies to trying to get the longest
run possible for a given geometry, board material, stackup.

Someone else please give more guidance on the top 2 statements.

Leonard