[SI-LIST] BGA Soldering

  • From: sunil bharadwaz <sunil_bharadwaz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: SI LIST <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2009 08:13:12 -0800 (PST)

Hi Experts ,
While trying to solder some LGA's , we are seeing some strange issues.The XRAYS
& the Die penetration test reveal the Soldering is Okay.However , the
performance of the board reveals that there is a soldering issue.When we
replace the LGA with another chip , the board works fine.Of course even the
original LGA works fine when re soldered on some other board.

I guess the XRAY & the Die penetration test cannot be 100 % conclusive regarding
the Soldering quality.

Is there any way to establish the soldering quality authentically.I mean to say
there any better tests ?

Thanks in Advance.

Sunil Bharadwaz

List technical documents are available at: