[SI-LIST] Re: Article discussion on bad packages

  • From: "Istvan NOVAK" <istvan.novak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Chris.Cheng@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 10:45:24 -0500

Chris,

Re b): since late 1997 I have been designing the PDNs for the
critical boards of the Workgroup Servers, later Volume Servers,
later Horizontal Systems business units (V880, V480, V440 servers,
and newer ones still to be announced).  My primary responsibility
has been board design.  I have also been working closely with
package designers as a board-design stake holder, but ultimatily
package (and silicon) is not my responsibility.

Re a) for board-level core PDN design, I used to use SPICE.
In recent years, however, I have been using very minimal or none SPICE.
For other business units, and for package/silicon designs: I cant
speak for them.

Regards,

Istvan Novak
SUN Microsystems