[SI-LIST] Re: Amplitude loss ?

Steve,
There is a law of conservation of energy but no law for conservation of
voltage and If we use ohm's law, voltage drop(loss) occurs only when there
is series impedance in load path. As per ohm law, there won't be any
voltage drop if we connect shunt impedance to load. *I am all confused
because I am not seeing any series impedance in transmission line( when
conductor loss is zero) so where my voltage is dropping ?*

Agree that when ever there is a change in impedance there will be change in
energy dissipation or i should say change in energy reflection or
absorption but *my concern here is amplitude of signal which is voltage(
Energy per unit charge) not total energy.* In free coffee example, I agree
you can't make free cofee as there will be energy loss due to dielectric
loss* but why you think dielectric energy loss mean voltage loss ? *
**
Rajneesh

List technical documents are available at:
                http://www.si-list.net