[SI-LIST] Re: Algorithm to interpolate ramp data in IBIS

  • From: "Muranyi, Arpad" <arpad.muranyi@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 13:11:02 -0800

Nitin,

Aside from a minor violation of the IBIS spec, the example you wrote
could happen.  (The rule you violated is that the end points cannot
have NA-s).  The question is, if you have the numbers and NA-s as
you show in your example, are you going to count the x-axis, or the
individual y-axis points to be not more than 100?  Last time I looked
for this in the spec, I couldn't find an answer.  When I brought it
up in an IBIS Open Forum meeting the verbal answer was that to be safe
I should limit the x-axis points.  That is by the way what the parser
does too.  So in order to get a passing file, you should count the
x-axis points.  Also, when my tool started to make tables like your
example, I received some comments (requests) to back fill those NA-s
with the numbers from the original table, since it will not add more
x-axis points to the table, and it would be easier for the tools which
parse the table to not have to interpolate those numbers back into
existence...

Now, I have to say that I did this in the 90's, and it may be possible
that since than we have clarified the spec with respect to this, but
I don't recall that happening, so it may very well still not spell
out how to count the points.

Arpad
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D