[SI-LIST] Air discharge ESD revisited

  • From: Doug Smith <doug@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Si-List <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, emc-pstc <emc-pstc@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2012 21:29:04 -0800

 Hi Everyone,
I have just posted my latest Technical Tidbit:

Technical Tidbit - March 2012
Air Discharge ESD Current Waveforms Revisited
(high frequency ESD current measurements on system cables)
This month's Technical Tidbit further investigates the implications of ESD
events in air as opposed to contact discharge described in ESD standards.
Abstract: Electrostatic Discharge, ESD, in air can result in highly variable
current waveforms in both the discharge itself and in cables of equipment
subjected to ESD. Examples of some nasty current waveforms induced in system
cables are given and the implications discussed.

The link is: http://emcesd.com/#current_tidbit[1]  (this link will always
point to my latest Technical Tidibt

Sometimes email programs add a "[1]" at the end of the link above which
breaks it. If this happens just delete the [1] at the end to make a valid

\/ ) P.O. Box 1457 ========= Los Gatos, CA 95031-1457 _ / \ / \ _ TEL/FAX:
408-356-4186/358-3799 / /\ \ ] / /\ \ Mobile: 408-858-4528 | q-----( ) | o |
Email: doug@xxxxxxxxxx[2] \ _ / ] \ _ / Website: http://www.dsmith.org[3]

--- Links ---