[SI-LIST] AW: trouble simulating with AC coupling capacitors in topology

  • From: "Havermann, Gert" <Gert.Havermann@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Roopesh Badala" <roopesh.badala@xxxxxxxxx>, si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2011 13:42:33 +0200

Hi Roopesh,

I don't know the Cadence tool, but in other simulators you have to initialize
the caps, saying that you have to set them the a stable dc voltage prior to
simulation. If you don't, then you have to wait for the caps to load, and that
will take several miliseconds or thousends of bits.
At the start of the simulation, the caps are unloaded, resulting in a DC offset
of the signal. The receiver can't find the Bit crossing, and there is no
result. Try to plot the bits before and after the caps to find out.

BR
Gert

Absender ist HARTING Electronics GmbH & Co. KG; Sitz der Gesellschaft:
Espelkamp; Registergericht: Bad Oeynhausen; Register-Nr.: HRA 5596; persönlich
haftende Gesellschafterin: HARTING Electronics Management GmbH; Sitz der
Komplementär-GmbH: Espelkamp; Registergericht der Komplementär-GmbH: Bad
Oeynhausen; Register-Nr. der Komplementär-GmbH: HRB 8808; Geschäftsführer:
Edgar-Peter Duening, Torsten Ratzmann, Dr. Alexander Rost