[SI-LIST] Re: A question about XTK

  • From: "Abe Riazi" <ariazi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 09:23:57 -0800

        Hi Jack:

       When employing  a .sif file, I usually do not utilize the information
      by XNS in .rep, .gen or .idd files.

     However, I believe that one powerful application of .sif file is to launch
     a pseudo-random bit sequence (PRBS) pattern at the output of a  driver of
     the net and then produce and analyze the eye waveform at a receiver.
     It is possible  to extract from the eye diagram critical  SI and timing
    (e.g.  ringback overshoot/undershoot, slew rate data, source synchronous
    set up/hold violations, etc.)

     Best Regards,

    Abe Riazi.