[SI-LIST] Re: 90 degree turn in PCB tracks

  • From: jun li <lijun_hit@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 22:39:30 -0700 (PDT)

I read a little about this topic. To 90 degree bend, there will be overlap
area. It behaves as capacitive discontinuity. Moreover, the sharp point at the
corner will enlarge electrical field.
Dhaval Bhodia <bhodia1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Dear Experts
I want to know that why PCB tracks can not have
90 degree bend ? second why 45 degree bend is most
preferable ? anybody has made any analysis on bending
of PCB tracks ? what are the technical issues will
come if some one makes 90 degree bend in PCB ? What
are electrone and transmission line charasterisic
stops to make that 90 degree turn in PCB tracks ?

Do you Yahoo!?

List FAQ wiki page is located at:

List technical documents are available at:

List archives are viewable at: